VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 16, 2023, 04:47 PM

Was checking out some footage of the game. Was thinking of nabbing a copy when it comes out in March in the states, but - am I the only one that is somewhat divided on the soundtrack? Like, instrument wise it hits all the right notes but the compositions just don't quite reach that level you want, and yes, I get it's completely unfair to compare this against 20 years of rockman music that's had decades to carve itself into my brain - but it's going to happen even I try not to do that.

Also, on the topic of Rockman, I've been having some odd thoughts about that music. I got rid of my X and OG box sets - I kind of regret who I gave them to but I don't miss them, but beyond certain scores (MM2, MM6, MMX2 and MMX4) I'm kind of grown to dislike the box set idea. I get why these were released as box sets, don't get me wrong, I get it, but there's just so much material there I could do without.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 01:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKB6_FAJxik&t=2736s

I've changed my mind on this one a bit. After listening to it more and having played the game, I'm really starting to dig it.

Anyone interested in Mega Man/Mega Man X/Mega Man Zero should check this out.

I typically say I'm not blown away by the game but I am, but it's really the storytelling/worldbuilding that gets me. I just get shades of those various Mega Man franchises because Gravity Circuit takes elements of those stories and does their own spin on them. So many times I was like "oh, this is like this from this!" but done a bit differently. I mean the first real "twist" of the game is obvious as hell (totally saw that coming) but it's what they do with that later that makes it interesting.

I just have one request of Domesticated Ants, the developer. Please, I beg you, please respect your possible franchise more than Capcom did in the end. I love Mega Man but all that mess at the end when the games got somewhat bad just left a sour taste in my mouth. I can't help but feel it's okay to love a game like Mega Man again.
Old May 6, 2024, 05:42 PM

Just wanted to say that this didn't make its' March release date. It is now listed as "Spring 2024" on the website:

https://www.pixnlove.com/video-games...371882485.html

Also, on a related note, the release date for the physical US version of the game keeps slipping back; it's been pushed back over three months now which is simply irritating given every other region has physical copies by this point.

History of release dates (via amazon) I'm aware of:
March 23
April 26
May 10
May 17
Now June 28